Friday, August 2, 2013

Scripture Promises- Peace and Rest

Peace- It's a Command
Peace I leave with you; My [own] peace I now give and bequeath to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. [Stop allowing yourselves to be agitated and disturbed; and do not permit yourselves to be fearful and intimidated and cowardly and unsettled.] John 14:27 Amp
Staying in peace is something that we all have to work on daily. With the world the way it is, circumstances will be screaming in our faces constantly, circumstances that try to pull us into fear. But peace isn't just a good idea, it's a command. Peace is our protection, guarding our hearts and minds:
And God's peace [shall be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:7 Amp
Giving anxiety and fear place is an open door to the devil. Peace is our protection, and so it is a command. Our part is to keep our mind on Him, and He will keep us in peace:
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Is. 26:3 KJV
All photos are mine.


Scripture Promises for Peace
Old Testament Scriptures

Num. 6:24-26- The Lord bless thee, and keep thee; The Lord make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee; The Lord lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

Ps. 29:11- The Lord will give strength unto his people; the Lord will bless his people with peace.

Ps. 37:11- But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

Ps. 55:18- He hath delivered my soul in peace from the battle that was against me; for there were many with me.

Prov. 3:17- Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace.

Prov. 16:7- When a man's ways please the Lord, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.

Is. 9:6- For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder; and his name shall be called... The Prince of Peace.

Is. 26:3- Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee; because he trusteth in thee.

Is. 52:7- How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth! (Nahum 1:15)

Is. 54:10- For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee.

Is. 57:19- I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the Lord; and I will heal him.

Is. 66:12- For thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream...

Jer. 29:11- For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Jer. 33:6- Behold, I will bring it health and cure, and I will cure them, and will reveal unto them the abundance of peace and truth.

Hag. 2:9- The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the Lord of hosts; and in this place wil I give peace, saith the Lord of hosts.

New Testament Scriptures

Jn. 14:27- Peace I leave with you; My [own] peace I now give and bequeath to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid- stop allowing yourselves to be agitated and disturbed; and do not permit yourselves to be fearful and intimidated and cowardly and unsettled. (AMP)

Jn. 16:33- I have told you these things so that in Me you may have perfect peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer- take courage, be confident, certain, undaunted- for I have overcome the world.- I have deprived it of power to harm, have conquered it [for you]. (AMP)

Rom. 5:1- Therefore, since we are justified- acquitted, declared righteous, and given a right standing with God- through faith, let us [grasp the fact that we] have [the peace of reconciliation] to hold and to enjoy, peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, the Messiah, the Anointed One. (AMP)

Rom. 14:17, 19- For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

Eph. 2:14- For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us.

Phil. 4:7- And God's peace [be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding, shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. (AMP)

Col. 3:15- And let the peace (soul harmony which comes) from the Christ rule (act as umpire continually) in your hearts- deciding and settling with finality all questions that arise in your minds- [in that peaceful state] to which [as members of Christ's] one body you were also called [to live]. And be thankful- appreciative, giving praise to God always. (AMP)

2 Thess. 3:16- Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means...

Heb. 12:14- Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord. (Rom. 12:18)



Scripture Promises for Rest
Old Testament Scriptures

Ex 33:14- And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.

Deut 12:9-10- For ye are not as yet come to the rest and to the inheritance, which the LORD your God giveth you. 10 But when ye go over Jordan, and dwell in the land which the LORD your God giveth you to inherit, and when he giveth you rest from all your enemies round about, so that ye dwell in safety.

1 Chron 22:9- Behold, a son shall be born to thee, who shall be a man of rest ; and I will give him rest from all his enemies round about: for his name shall be Solomon, and I will give peace and quietness unto Israel in his days.

Ps 16:9- Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.

Ps 37:7- Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.

Ps 116:7- Return unto thy rest, O my soul; for the LORD hath dealt bountifully with thee.

Isa 11:10- And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

Isa 14:3- And it shall come to pass in the day that the LORD shall give thee rest from thy sorrow, and from thy fear, and from the hard bondage wherein thou wast made to serve.

Isa 28:11-12- For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people. 12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

Isa 30:15- For thus said the Lord God, the Holy one of Israel: In returning [to Me] and resting [in Me] you shall be saved; in quietness and in [trusting] confidence shall be your strength. . . AMP

Jer 6:16- Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.

Zeph 3:17- The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.

New Testament Scriptures

Matt 11:28-30- Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Heb 4:3, 10-11- For we which have believed do enter into rest. . . For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. 11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Rev 14:13- And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.



Scripture Promises for Healing a Wounded Spirit

Is. 61:1-2- The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; 2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn.

Ps. 23:1-3- The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul. . .

Ps. 34:18-19- The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. 19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

Ps. 147:3- He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds [curing their pains and their sorrows]. AMP

Prov. 17:22- A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

Isa. 61:1- The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound.

Jer. 30:17- For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the LORD. . .



Blog Posts


Scripture Promises- Fear Not
Scripture Promises- God Is Faithful
Scripture Promises- Healing, Provision, Salvation





Trusting God and His Word


Quill pen is free image from Wikimedia Commons.

No comments:

Post a Comment